October 20, 2019
A small update
- Added workaround to fix most '503 unavailable' and other HTTP errors: now attempts a download using a steam client as well.
June 6th, 2019
A small update.
- Added ability to hide the latest downloads.
- Added optimizations in order to decrease wait times for downloads.
April 14th, 2019
A small patch.
- Fixed unhandled download timeouts causing 'no steam client available' error message.
February 23th, 2019
An update has been released.
- Fixed broken directory structure for some games.
December 29th, 2018
Happy holidays! Here's a new update!
- Added ability to download files directly from steam.
- Added ability to hide your download from the history.
- Added preview images and deduplication to the history.
- Added progress information to steam client based downloads.
- Updated / rewrote the theme of the website for better aesthetics.
- Updated / rewrote the back-end in golang to improve reliability.
March 21st, 2018
Supporting more games!
We just added support for many more games!
We've rewritten the download retrieval system! The website should now be able to retrieve files for any game that supports anonymous game server downloads.
This means that games such as Team Fortress 2
are now supported!
February 27th, 2018
Rewrite and new domain
The website has been rewritten from scratch and is now available on its own domain! More features will be coming soon!
January 14th 2018
Support for collection URLs
You can now input a collection URL and it will show you the items in the collection so you can download each one. I can't support downloading entire collections at once right now because of the server load that would cause.
December 27th 2017
Well, it looks like my tiny download tool has been getting an unexpected increase in traffic.
My downloader is different from others because it actually extracts and ZIPs up files for some games to make the download easier. This means it needs more processing power and bandwidth to operate. Luckily my server seems to handle it fine.
- Moved to separate subdomain.
- Fixed bug with the download button when changing url after a download.
- Added an on-page warning alert when a download isn't available.
- The report now shows you the download speeds.
- The url field now highlights on click.
Happy downloading. 😂